Account Executive (Manufacturing)
Sales Madrid, Spain
Responsibilities and primary duties
- Develop and execute sales strategies in order to build a sales pipeline with the goal of meeting and exceeding assigned sales quota (products and services with special focus on Liferay B2B Commerce and Professional Services).
- “Hands-on” development of new sales opportunities through calling, leads follow up, and personal relationships. Taking the lead on fully qualifying opportunities into the manufacturing vertical.
- Working closely with the BDR/SDR team to develop Outbound and Marketing to feedback on data quality and results.
- Analyze the Spanish and Portuguese markets and any local source of potential leads in order to increase and qualify the pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with lists of target accounts provided by the commercial director
- Identify and contact decision makers within potential and accounts.
- Drive sales opportunities to closing and establish strong, long-lasting relationships which will yield on-going success in target accounts.
- Candidate must know how to identify customer pain points, how to present business value vs. technical value and how to sell enterprise software solutions (expert in solution selling).
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Work with marketing team to define and implement these actions.
- Participate in lead generating events organized by marketing.
- Work with other members of Liferay’s global sales organization on multi-national sales opportunities.
- Introduce to the customer the corresponding Account Manager for each account won.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with the sales team, and to “wear multiple hats” when it becomes necessary.
- Keep Salesforce updated as corporate business tool and generate internal reports.
Candidates should possess a good number of the following qualities:
- University degree;
- At least 4/6 years of sales experience in the field of Enterprise Software with responsibility for meeting an individual sales quota.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
- A proven track record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solutions (e.g. Content Management, Portal, Web, Collaboration, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications) into the Spanish and Portuguesse Manufacturing sector.
- Demonstrated ability at each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts, to lead qualification and sales closing).
- Experience in closing large software deals.
- Experience in solution and consultative selling.
- Demonstrated experience in B2B Commerce solution selling.
- Methodical approach for outbound customer qualification.
- DXP and Open Source experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of the sales and delivery cycle of consulting projects.
- Experience with the Miller Heiman Sales Methodology is a plus.
- Careful handling of the CRM system
- Personal persuasive power, especially in critical customer situations
- Strong communication and moderation skills
- Strong business, sales and number orientation
- Track the accounts’ activity and prepare accurate reports and KPIs from Salesforce.
- Ability to work in a team and enjoy dealing with customers and colleagues
- Willingness to travel for business trips throughout Spain/Portugal when it is possible.
We are offering
- A dynamic, multicultural and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to help continue to build a premier, leading organization in open source.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally.
- Strong Work-Life-Balance policy.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
- An awesome social benefict package
- We have Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.