Financial Accountant (12-month maternity cover)
Financial Accountant – Melbourne, Australia: 12-month maternity cover
The primary responsibility of the Financial Accountant is to produce accurate financial results and ensure proper accounting and recording of company transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Produce financial and other key reports for management, ensure compliance with the organizations policies, processes and internal control. Assist in managing relevant risks and engaging in projects to improve the accounting/system processes. Provide reporting and financial advice to key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Finance Director, Australia and New Zealand
- Sales Reporting – leads the Sales Reporting and analysis process including providing weekly progress on Sales for the month and quarter
- Collaborate with Sales team to build forecasts such as gap analyses and summarizing any variances or unusual items, etc.
- Provide insights, analysis and recommendations to management on the financials, and proactively assist in providing information to support business decisions
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of LHH financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, Group Policies and Controls;
- Ensure all Accounting deadlines and requests are met with high quality, proper back up, accuracy and understanding
- Appropriate resolution of accounting / financial reporting matters
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Compliance with all internal Policies
- Work with auditors (internal and external) as required
- Make sure processes are established to support business growth & expense management
- Ensure operations are optimal, identifying and collaborating to implement best practices
- Ensures account reconciliations are prepared in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ongoing focus on reducing outstanding Accounts Receivable and maintaining a low DSO
- Special projects as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent)
- Sound knowledge of financial and operational activities, including understanding the detailed P&L and Balance sheet, analyzing operational trends, understanding the concept of consulting costs, managing reporting and tracking.
- Solid experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, accounting processes and the general ledger.
- Experience performing critical analysis of factual data and drawing conclusions
- 5+ years experience in consulting industry preferred
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Experience in working for a Multi-National organization.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in PeopleSoft, MYOB, MS Dynamics or similar accounting system
- First class verbal, written and presentation skills
- A team player with the ability to build strong relationships through business partnering
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage key stakeholders at all levels – both internally and externally
- Good business judgement showing logical decision making.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team