Product Specialist (Wheel & Wheel accessory Products)
The Product Specialist (Wheel & Wheel accessory Products) is responsible for coordination between suppliers and internal stakeholders in regards to products knowledge and availability. With a keen eye on the product screen, the Product Specialist is in constant communication with supplier and stores to capture trends and relates these to the replenishment team to adjust our purchasing forecast. Besides detailed forecasts for each product category and booking orders will be of functions related to wheel industry sourcing and inventory management of large, complex and strategically important product categories.
The Product Specialist is responsible for building strong working relations with the vendors, stores and replenishment team to identifying product trends & needs through reports, business analysis and dialogue with key stakeholders. Drive advanced product and system knowledge to secure Kal Tire supply in close cooperation with the replenishment department; ensuring competent performance of suppliers and; coordinating with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identification of new suppliers and/ or products and in close collaboration with the Pricing Analyst the formulation of a business case
- Forecasting and booking order development and their communication to the replenishment team
- Close collaboration with the replenishment team to ensure the correct product is available for our stores at the right time
- Contact for store member inquiries
- Supplier reviews and negotiations in cooperation with the Director of Retail PLT Products
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals and the internet, and consult with team members to locate necessary products
- Maintains a current, expert level of knowledge of all products in the portfolio as required
- Maintenance of the product screen to ensure Kal Tire’s retail product offering is competitive in the market place
- Records and tracks all metrics related to product in the portfolio to support the Product Analyst with the ongoing growth and maintenance of the master product database
- Reviews and analyzes product reports from the Product Analyst to inform and/or update portfolio strategies
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in purchasing, marketing, store operations and/or industrial sales.
- Fiscally responsible. Able to evaluate deals and assess business impact.
- Competent and effective reading and interpreting financial data and reports
- Ability to thrive in a team based work environment, where the best interests of the group take precedence over individual goals and achievements.
- Effective project management skills, which includes developing project plans and achieving key milestones, despite competing demands.
- knowledge of Kal Tire’s internal systems.
- Ability to prepare and present reports suitable for team discussion.
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult people in difficult situations.
- A solid grasp of business analytics; able to assess complex situations
- Knowledge of retail Wheel & wheel accessories (MT, PLT & Trailer) from design and construction to their application in the field is preferred.
- Familiarity with contracts and other legal documents
- Negotiation skills
- An undergraduate diploma or degree in a related advertising, marketing or business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada, as needed to fulfill the job requirements (less than 15% of the time)
- Exposure to the wheel/tire industry or a similar highly customer-service driven environment.
- Expert knowledge of tires and their application in various situations.
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.