Human Resources Business Partner (British Columbia)
Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner is a trusted advisor, who is the first point of contact for HR-related matters for their assigned portfolio. They partner with managers to deliver the Kal Tire team member & customer experience through proactive, impactful & practical HR advice. Reporting to the Manager, HR, the Human Resources Business Partner is a change agent who works closely with the business and their fellow HR Shared Services Team members to deliver on scalable solutions as part of the HR Strategy and Plan.
- Supports and assesses the short and long-term business needs of the portfolio and provides generalist HR advice to the management team that aligns with divisional business requirements
- Provides guidance and assistance to managers and team members on a wide range of human resources areas including team member relations, conflict resolution, performance, development and compensation management, investigations, change management and team effectiveness, mobility, promotions, sick leave and return-to-work management, layoff, termination, and HR policies and programs
- Works closely with the talent acquisition team and managers to ensure all aspects of the recruitment and selection process is supported (jointly review project staffing plans, reassignment, and team member availability lists etc.)
- Works on team member engagement initiatives to improve culture and retention of talent
- Partners with business managers and HR team members to find opportunities for continuous improvement
- Helps build/establish HR policies, processes, and practices to assist the business
- Responsible for case management of sensitive or complex issues such as harassment, respect in the workplace or disciplinary investigations and team member terminations, while aligning to compliance requirements
- Analyzes trends and metrics to assist in the development of solutions and/or programs
- Works with all key stakeholders in aspects of disability management which includes graduated return to work programs and/or accommodations
- Communicates, facilitates, and/or presents HR programs and initiatives to people managers and team members.
- Actively participates by collaborating with the HR Shared Services team on new initiatives and leverages team expertise in delivering and implementing program
- Minimum 5 years’ human resources generalist/advisor experience in a medium to large sized organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skill in coaching, counseling, and advising managers and team members on HR matters
- Knowledge of Provincial labour legislation, employment law and human rights legislation
- Understanding of development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate competing demands
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Knowledge of current best practices in Human Resources administration, salary trends, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing or improving performance development processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and translate to meaningful action
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a diploma/certificate combined with HR experience in a HRBP or Advisory role.
- CPHR designation an asset.
- Occasional travel up to 15%.
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.