The Buyer is responsible for identifying product replenishment needs through report analysis and customer contact; utilizing basic product knowledge to research and procure products and supplies; ensuring competent performance of suppliers and; coordinating with other internal and external stakeholders. Supports sales and stores by ensuring high fill rates with minimal levels of inventory and obsolescence costs.
Inventory Management, Replenishment and Procurement of Product
- Based on data extracted from KINS, CUBE and GUI reports, develop and run forecasts utilizing forecasting software.
- Analyze forecasts to determine required re-orders.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Work with Stores and Warehouses on a logistical level to determine supply and timeline requirements.
- Prepare and administer purchase orders, and review requisitions for products.
- Coordinate delivery dates on shipments to ensure product availability.
- Successfully achieves and reports periodically against pre-determined inventory metrics.
- Work collaboratively with Warehouse leadership team with regards to inventory management and logistics.
- Support Purchasing Administration team with basic functions related to supplier invoicing, product pricing etc.
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods arrive on time; trace shipments and follow-up on undelivered goods.
- Confer with the VOC, internal clients, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
Reporting and Forecasting
- Produces periodic reporting and analysis on certain aspects of inventory management and forecasting relative to the category
- Prepare and distribute monthly sales reports for vendors as required.
- Provide support to category team by preparing ad hoc reports.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in purchasing, marketing, store operations and/or industrial sales.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of Kal Tire’s internal systems.
- Ability to prepare and present reports suitable for team discussion.
- Ability to perform basic business analytics (sales reporting, etc)
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Understand the marketplace including internal and external customers, competitors, suppliers, pricing and product development.
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- An undergraduate diploma or degree in a related advertising, marketing or business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel may be required
- Exposure to the tire industry or a similar highly customer-service driven environment.
- Some knowledge of tires and their application in various situations.
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2021