Service Truck Operator
Service Truck Operator
Kal Tire is recruiting for Service Truck Operator with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire’s Service Truck that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide an extensive paid training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
• Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
• Respond to the highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
• Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers' expectations.
• When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by the Store Manager.
• Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
• 1-year experience as an operating Service Truck would be an asset.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
• Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
• Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
• Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
• Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Education and Special Requirements
• A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
• Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Kal Tire offers competitive wages, benefits, and an RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.
“Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.”