Senior Internal Auditor
We are looking for a high performing Senior Internal Auditor who is focused on increasing relevance and value while having a bigger impact on the business. This role will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to work in a diverse and challenging environment where the internal audit function is highly regarded.
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, this position will be responsible for assessing risks and auditing major business processes, financial controls, third party arrangements, and other special projects to provide assurance to Management and the Finance Committee of the Board. The primary function of this role is to develop, lead and conduct internal audit projects and conduct investigations to provide meaningful recommendations for improvement.
- Ownership of the scoping, planning, execution and reporting of audits.
- Management and maintenance of internal audit Power BI reporting tools
- Identify risks, control weaknesses, and the development of possible solutions for areas audited.
- Regular communication with key stakeholders including business contacts and internal audit management.
- Preparation for, and participation in, exit interviews with management at the end of each audit to secure their agreement on the issues and recommendations raised.
- Preparation of draft reports for review by the manager, global internal audit.
- Suggest improvements in the efficiency of the audit process and focus on continuous improvement.
- Oversight of any co-source resources and guest auditors.
- Foster and develop a network within the business.
- Operate as a trusted advisor for the business.
- Provide thought leadership and knowledge sharing with other team members and the broader Kal Tire organization.
- 5-6 years of experience as an audit or finance professional in a mid to large sized enterprise; International business experience an asset, ideally in the retail and/or mining industries.
- Business process and risk mindset
- Experience with data analytics and use of Power BI
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and with senior levels of management.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principals, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to approach audit and advisory work in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT general controls and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using data analytics tools to analyze and investigate trends in data.
- Ability to apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal controls, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects and to complete work within deadlines.
- Capacity to understand the norms and values of other cultures.
- Ability to speak French or Spanish considered an asset.
- Post-secondary degree with focus in accounting and/or finance is required.
- Recognized Canadian accounting or auditing designation is preferred (e.g., Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA))
- Other relevant professional qualifications considered an asset (e.g., Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE))
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel both domestically and internationally (30%) of the time will be a key requirement for this role.
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Posting Date: Oct 19, 2021