Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
We are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented accounting student who has completed a minimum of the 2nd year of an accredited business program to join our accounting team at our head office in Vernon.
This is a 12-month exciting opportunity for students wishing to supplement their education and work experience with the support of the Kal Tire organization and a team of accounting professionals.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will enjoy the benefits of working in a positive, professional environment that will enhance your accounting knowledge and challenge your critical thinking skills. You will receive all of the coaching and support necessary for both the personal and career development that will be an asset in today’s competitive job market.
• Reconciling general ledger accounts.
• Preparing various reports pertaining to our monthly reporting package.
• Creating and processing general journal entries.
• Preparing indirect tax and tire levy returns.
• Assisting the tax department with year-end tax provision preparation.
• Utilizing Query and Excel as part of the above duties.
• Clerical duties supporting the activities of the accounting group, such as summarizing data, verifying data to source documents, assembling and distributing financial reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Possess a solid understanding of accounting concepts.
• Have a strong working knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel preferred).
• Display solid problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Enrolled in a business program with an accounting focus, preference will be given to students who have completed two years of study.
September 1, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel ready to take this opportunity, please express your interest by sending your Resume, Cover Letter and Transcript before May 1st, 2021