Senior Human Resources Advisor
Senior Human Resources Advisor
The Senior Human Resources Advisor supports Kal Tire’s Stores Division with a wide range of operational, generalist HR responsibilities including employee relations, retention and engagement, conflict resolution, and performance and exit management. The Senior Human Resources Advisor is expected to assist in identifying and adding value to new and existing services, while maximizing the effectiveness of Kal Tire’s team members by providing coaching and guidance in the above areas to ensure profitable business operations.
- Collaborates and works proactively with location Managers and Zone Managers to identify solutions to key issues.
- Provides guidance and assistance to salaried team members and managers on a wide range of human resource issues including: employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, harassment investigations, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in force, and HR policies and programs.
- Collaborates with Kal Tire’s HR Shared Services team on new initiatives, and leverages team expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives.
- Communicates, facilitates, and/or presents HR programs and initiatives within their area.
- Actively participates in HR project work, such as development of new human resources initiatives for a division or the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data for accuracy.
- Assist with writing policies and procedures as well as internal/external communications as required.
- Research, design, analyze and propose new program opportunities to improve and support existing programs and new initiatives.
- Support the implementation process for new programs.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of solid, complex and professional-level generalist human resources experience (i.e. as HR Advisor, Consultant and/or Business Partner); experience working with business leaders in a consultative capacity in a mid to large sized organization.
- Ability to build and maintain quality relationships with team and other stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in all areas of Canadian/Provincial employment law and human rights legislation.
- Experience with disability management.
- Proven influencer and collaborator; an ability to provide guidance and support to business clients, and develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business requirements, and to meet the demands of a high-volume portfolio.
- Effective oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Highly developed skills in coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management.
- Customer-service focused, willingness to help and work collaboratively with all areas of the business. Ability to provide accurate, responsive, and timely information provided to team members and Managers.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Interest in personal development and keeping current in human resource practices.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPHR Designation.
- Travel is required approximately 20%
- Bilingual (Fluent in English and French)
About Kal Tire
Founded in 1953, and still family owned and operated to this day, Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. Kal Tire also owns and operates warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. We care just as much about helping all our customers get in the right tires as we do about driving positive change in our communities. We’re proud to support local charities and projects, and we promote tire recycling and retreading – creating a circular economy with the next generation of drivers in mind.
This is your opportunity to start building a lasting and successful career with Kal Tire. Discover the Kal Tire difference today by applying to join our growing and dynamic team of more than 6500 team members worldwide!