Business Systems Analyst, Operating Systems
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 260 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Business Systems Analyst is part of the Business Operations Systems (BOS) team that is responsible for the mission critical applications that service our Store, Warehouse and Retreading divisions. This position is responsible for working with business, technical and vendor stakeholders to ensure system implementations, upgrades, enhancements and changes are well defined and appropriately implemented.
Analysis of business requirements
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, prioritizes and helps coordinate the resolution of problems and issues with BOS applications
- Coordinates and participates in the implementation of changes, enhancements and upgrades to BOS applications
- Liaises with, and coordinates the activities of BOS application vendors and internal and external service providers
- Participates in and coordinates all types of testing and quality assurance activities related to BOS applications
- Prepares, maintains and distributes technical and business user documentation
- Configures and manages BOS applications per business and technical requirements
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline BOS application processes where appropriate
- Participates in the definition and improvement of application support processes and procedures
Project development and support
- Participates in the planning and execution of projects that impact business applications and their stakeholders
- Translates business needs and requirements into coherent functional and technical specifications
Documentation of processes and technical specifications
- Participate in the definition and improvement of business application support processes and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and update of business processes.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute business application technical and business user documentation.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing service desk support and training users.
- Prepare and deliver informative, well-organized presentations and communications.
Trouble shooting and system maintenance
- Troubleshoot, analyze, prioritize and help coordinate the resolution of problems and issues with business applications.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for business applications and liaise with the IS Service Desk on incidents or service requests.
- Coordinate and participate in the implementation of changes, enhancements and upgrades to business applications.
- Participate in and coordinate all types of testing and quality assurance activities related to business applications.
- Configure and manage business applications per business and technical requirements.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with business systems in a medium to large organization.
- Minimum 5 years business experience with a keen interest in learning business processes.
- Experience working in retail business would be an asset.
- Experience with Cloud based applications and their support and implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Manage vendor escalations
- Skill in systems testing of specification requirements.
- Skill in business or technical writing as evidenced by previous work-related experience.
- Ability in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles or lead a variety of project team activities/tasks
- Ability to perform objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes to maximize quality service and cost-effectiveness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the existing automated business applications, their relationships to each other, and interfaces to outside systems.
- Experience in effectively serving on successful information systems project teams.
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours’ support rotation may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.