Team Lead, Afterhours Dispatch
The Team Lead, Afterhours Dispatch will provide support to the Field Service Dispatch and Billing team members and is responsible for overseeing Dispatchers processing customer communications with a prompt and professional approach, serving as an escalation point for complex dispatch cases.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Dispatch Operations, the Team Lead, Afterhours Dispatch assists in training, coaching, mentoring, handling and resolving customer escalations and administrative tasks as necessary. The Team Lead will act in a supervisory capacity for those shifts where the Supervisor is not on site.
- Assist in providing training and development of team members to meet Kal Tire customer service and product knowledge standards.
- Monitor and guide day-to-day work activities of Afterhours Field Service Dispatch teams.
- Assist in the collection of applicable data and monitoring of SLA (Service Level Agreement) performance metrics.
- Participate in setting team goals and ensure that every team member of the Afterhours Field Service Dispatch team is actively contributing to the achievement of defined goals.
- Promote a positive work environment in which team members continuously improve skills and expertise through training, mentoring and sharing of knowledge with other team members.
- Lead by example, keeping customer service and efficiency at the forefront.
- Encourage team members to communicate ideas, discuss changing technology and business issues and support the Supervisor, Dispatch Operations in identifying opportunities to improve operations.
- Support the Supervisor, Dispatch Operations in evaluating / managing performance of team members on a regular and ongoing basis by providing input on team member performance.
- Accountable for the delivery of the customer service experience for afterhours customers that interact with Afterhours Field Service Dispatch via phone and email, ensuring accurate collection of pertinent information.
- Decisively resolve issues and take appropriate action, escalating to the necessary parties when a solution cannot be determined.
- Ensure that customers are being provided with their preferred products and services which are outlined in their Fleet Guides and Billing Instructions. This includes staying up-to-date on company provided product and service knowledge.
- Build on existing customer relationships and identify new business leads through a personalized customer experience, effective communication and prompt follow-up.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of call recordings and live dispatch interactions and provide coaching to Dispatchers as required to increase customer service.
- Coach team members on qualifying customer needs in order to determine urgency and provide realistic ETA’s to customers based on the level of current service demands.
- Monitor scheduling of service calls and dispatch of the Field Service Technicians to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications or needs.
- Oversee the creation of work orders in the Kal Tire POS system that accurately reflect the services and products requested by the customer, referencing customer Fleet Guides and Billing Instructions as required.
- Ensure team members are providing vital information about work orders pertaining to service requirements and relay any customer indicated hazards to the Field Service Technicians.
- Monitor Field Service Technician locations, productivity and service call status using the Kal Tire dispatch application to accurately coordinate service; handle exceptions as necessary.
- Ensure team members are meeting or exceeding the afterhours Field Service SLA’s, some of which are customer specific.
- Oversee the processing of a variety of invoices, manage completed work order flow and performance of other AP/AR functions.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies; Ensure invoice rejections are resubmitted within required time limits.
- Process credit card pre-authorizations for cash customers through Moneris and complete credit card transactions against pre-authorized transactions as required upon completion of service delivery in adherence to PCI compliance standards.
- Determine if product is required and locate local inventory to determine if a product pick-up should be coordinated before dispatching the Field Service Technician; Process any necessary inter-store stock transfers.
- Oversee the scheduling of daytime service for the customers requesting service to be completed by store locations during business hours should the required product not be available during an afterhours service call.
- For urban markets, monitor if the correct Field Service Technician has been assigned to service calls based on home store stock availability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Accurate typing skills (minimum 60 wpm).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Experience with POS (Point of Sale) systems.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- 2-4 years customer service experience.
- Previous dispatch, contact centre and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Ability to work evening and/or night shift is required.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products.
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Honesty and Integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!