Customer Service Representative - Retail Service Center
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and tire services provider and a global leader in mining tire services. With over 250 stores, four warehouses and 10 retread plants in Canada, and servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents, Kal Tire is a truly global company. Kal Tire’s more than 6,500 team members intently focus on providing customers with trustworthy advice, great products and fantastic service.
Our Service Center is Expanding!
With our customers in mind, our Retail Service Center operation is growing. We are an energetic and passionate team dedicated to providing outstanding experiences for our customers. We thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where we take pride in providing front-of-the-line service for our customers.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for managing a wide variety of inbound customer inquiries regarding Kal Tire’s products and services. The Customer Service Representative is able to portray empathy and offer solutions to the customer in a thorough and timely manner. Additionally, the Customer Service Representative utilizes suggestive selling techniques to promote core products and communicate relevant company programs and services to the customer.
- Respond to a variety of customer service calls in a courteous and professional manner with the goal of resolving the issues during the first call or chat session.
- Utilize active listening to identify and clarify customer needs.
- Research solutions using web based applications.
- Present customer options that encourage long-term satisfaction, referrals and customer loyalty.
- Provide information and solutions regarding requests for product information, ‘after sale’ service, warranty and customer support.
- Act as Kal Tire brand ambassadors.
Operation / Function
- Extension of the in-store team - front counter Sales and Service.
- Liaison between Customer and supplier/producer/service technician.
- Greet customer in a positive, friendly manner – establish if new or existing customer, and which vehicle.
- Determine customer needs, and offer solutions; order product, schedule delivery of services.
- Recognize issues, concerns, and limitations; redirect to Store Manager or Supervisor if necessary.
- Provide assistance to new and existing team members.
- Participate in call out campaigns for periodic maintenance and changeover scheduling.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Product / Service Promotion
- Provide information about company products and services, charges, service conditions, and service availability.
- Ensure the products recommended meets the vehicle requirements and safety necessities.
- Recommend products from Kal Tire core product line.
- Suggest service and maintenance options for long term vehicle safety and reliability.
- A minimum of 2 years customer service and sales experience.
- Customer orientated, adaptable and responsive to different customer inquiries.
- Experience dealing with conflict resolution is an asset but not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in learning new computer systems.
- Team player both within the RSC team and with the store team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and open to change.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Fast and efficient without sacrificing quality and first call resolution objectives every time.
- Multi task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Secondary-school diploma or equivalent.
- Team Members are required to work shifts in conjunction with Kal Tire store hours of operation, including early morning start times, Saturdays, and provincial statutory holidays.
- Ability to work afternoon, evening and overnight shifts considered an asset.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.