Pricing and Product Administrator
PRODUCT & PRICING ADMINISTRATOR
The Pricing and Product Administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining product and pricing within Kal Tire’s various systems. The role involves liaising with suppliers and Purchasing Directors, regarding product line-ups and pricing updates. A keen attention to detail is required to ensure accuracy of information and setup within the system. This role includes analysis components such as: product line comparisons, cost/price evaluations, inventory holdings and potential inventory impacts resulting from price changes.
Product and Pricing Maintenance
• Liaise with Suppliers, Buyers, and Purchasing Directors in order to successfully administer a portfolio of programs.
• Set up and maintain Product Masters ensuring all products are setup with the required specifications.
• Set up pricing programs, end-user rebates, pricing specials and promotional offers.
• Manage the life cycle of a product by checking stock levels and engaging with Suppliers on product status.
• Maintain customer pricing lists as per the National Account agreements.
• Request invoice credit/rebills from Suppliers for pricing inaccuracies.
• Provide ad-hoc reporting for Management and Buyers, including price comparisons and inventory levels.
• Review warehouse transactions to ensure product pricing accuracy.
• Utilize reports to validate setup of product and pricing.
• Review various system audit reports and correct any resulting issues.
• Enter and maintain data in multiple systems with varying intricacies
• Troubleshoot technical issues related to product and pricing across all systems.
• Review Ecommerce to ensure accuracy of product information, pricing, and rebate offerings.
• Document system related defects or requests for enhancements.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute system readiness testing with each new software release.
• Assist all locations with product and pricing related inquires.
• Train and coach new team members.
• Communicate various price updates, promotions and marketing specials to Kal locations.
• Create and maintain procedural documentation.
• 4-6 years’ relevant administrative and/or booking experience or relevant combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Works independently but also an effective team player.
• Highly organized, ability to with competing priorities
• Ability to learn and master new technology.
• Detail oriented, methodical, and excellent planning skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Wisely considers alternatives and takes responsibility for decisions.
• Open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities and handles pressure.
• Continually questions and challenges the current process and systems to identify opportunities for improvements.
• Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
• Grade 12 or equivalent (e.g. GED).
• Occasional overtime is required.
• Certificate or diploma in accounting or bookkeeping.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted