Commercial Sales Representative
Commercial Sales Representative - Vernon
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Kal Tire is recruiting for a Commercial Sales Representative with a focus on light duty fleet sales in Vernon, BC. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong background and commitment to establishing long-term customer relationships. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will influence to create an upbeat atmosphere in the workplace and contribute to the store’s profitability.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking
- Conduct selling activities on a face-to-face basis
- Meet and exceed established sales gross profits in a quarterly basis
- Cultivate effective long-term relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Sell to all levels of management, particularly senior levels
- Develop and present written proposals both self-initiated and in response to customer requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI)
- Prepare and conduct formal group presentations at management levels of larger clients
- Build account plans, based on customer business objectives and future business plans, using a consultative selling approach.
- Develop medium and long-term sales strategies with a focus on customer needs and growth in gross profit.
- Maintain a high degree of competitive and product knowledge including evolving technology trends across the full range of our products and services
- Conduct comprehensive results analysis including wins-losses and develops/executes appropriate actions plans
- Develop and document a personal territorial, account and/or sales call plan
- Effectively utilize and maintain sales tools including CRM, KPT along with others available
- Work on an autonomous basis to meet broad job objectives
- Act as relationship broker to focus internal/external subject matter experts on customer problem solving for added value to customer and company
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ yrs. experience in a structured outside consultative sales role
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints
- Strong ability to work independently to efficiently manage the assigned territory and accounts
- Cold calling experience and “outside the box” thinking
Education and Special Requirements
- A High school diploma is a minimum requirement
- A University or College degree in Business Administration and/or Marketing or equivalent education and experience is preferred
- Sales training similar to Dale Carnegie, or CPSA Sales management is considered an asset
- Daily travel required within the territory or region, along with periodical travel for team meetings within our store’s network
Kal Tire offers a comprehensive benefits package, profit sharing program, continued learning opportunities, and an RRSP / DPSP program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
We want to hear from you! All applicants are encouraged to visit us at www.kaltire.com/careers
Start Your Journey With Us.