FIELD SERVICES MANAGER
Purpose & Scope: Lead, train, support and develop site leaders as they organize, prioritize, and complete maintenance duties across the farm both internal and external. Ensure team members are timely with the completion of projects and day to day tasks to help meet the overall farm goals. Lead, train, support and develop site leaders as they assure completion of tasks involved with constructing, maintaining, improving all physical facilities of the Dalhart Live Pork Operation. This includes outside plumbing and piping to allow the normal flow of wastewater to lagoons and holding areas while adhering and complying with all state and federal laws governing the waste water systems. Removal of mortality and proper disposal. Provide timely and efficient results including grounds maintenance and internal road maintenance.
Lead, train, support and develop site leaders as they….
- Inspect facilities and grounds for needed repairs and complete needed repairs
- Perform routine inspections and service of company owned equipment as required
- Performs other duties assigned by Management as needed
- Assure parts needed for repair work are ordered in a timely manner
- Routine follow up and communication with management, farm teams, and site leaders
- Promote and follow safe and secure working habits, as established by JBS
- Create short and long term plans, goals and priorities
- Assure SAP is being used effectively and follow up on work orders
- Work with warehouse personnel to ensure a supply of maintenance parts
- Ensure all attendance paperwork turned in weekly.
- Create and execute effective PM maintenance plans.
- Oversee wastewater flow to see that it reaches its intended destination
- Oversee pickup and removal of mortalities and afterbirth
- Site grounds maintenance
- Mowing, weed control, rodent control, road maintenance, trash disposal
- Control rodents by maintaining bait stations on outside of barns
- Farm duties including maintaining stock tanks and building or removing fence
- Other duties as directed by management
Travel Required: Periodic
2 years’ experience in the swine industry or related industry and 2 years of leadership
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Valid driver’s license and able to drive a pickup and pull a trailer
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly and at times 100lbs.
- Team oriented, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work up to 59 hours a week if necessary
- Ability to work in heat, cold, dust and other adverse conditions.
- Work weekends as needed
- Ability and willingness to work in a hog facility
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Intermediate understanding of electricity and electrical components
- Must be able to communicate with leads, farm employees, and supervisors
- Must be able to work at different areas/locations as needed
- Experience in driving a skid loader and backhoe
- General knowledge and use of electrical metering equipment
- Knowledge of SAP programs.
- Productive interaction with other teams, farm employees and management