MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - NIGHTS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Maintenance Team! This position starts at $24.65/Hour plus a $1.50/hour shift differential, and we are offering a $4000 Hiring Bonus!
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for monitoring and adjusting equipment throughout the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Monitors equipment throughout shift for proper operation and makes necessary adjustments and repairs to maximize the efficiency of the equipment.
- Responsible to identify opportunities for improvement and to communicate those to supervisor and/or lead person.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assists in performing various quality, yield and performance indicator checks.
- Assists maintenance department in the repair, modification and construction of equipment and structure as needed including initiating work orders.
- Maintains proper records on all equipment.
- Flexibility required as overtime and weekend work occurs and may be required.
- Gathers feedback from production team members on a regular basis on how the equipment, workstations, and product flow is functioning.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Have the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and abilities in order to analyze, evaluate, and solve mechanical problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the operation of maintenance power tools.