SHIPPING SUPERVISOR - NIGHTS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It is our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our LEADERSHIP TEAM as a SHIPPING/WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR on our NIGHT SHIFT. Starting Salary is $48,000 - $55,000, based on education and experience. Join our Flock!
- 10 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program – 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the safety, quality, training, retention, sanitation, budget, and productivity for the shipping, dry receiving and warehouse departments. The Shipping Supervisor provides departmental direction and support, using coaching, motivation, and supervisory techniques, ensures that teams achieve specified levels of performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and motivates employee team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance. Facilitates and encourages employee involvement through crew meetings, safety teams, audits, problem solving, etc.
- Directs and monitors the operations of the department. Makes recommendations and works to plan and implement process improvements.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive employee communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to employees.
- Schedules people, materials, and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the vision of Pilgrim’s. Determines work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs of the department.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed fairly and equitably, maintaining standards for safety, quality, food safety and overall personnel satisfaction. Responsibly uses independent judgement to enforce corrective action procedures within the department.
- Responsible for the performance evaluation process for the department. Prepares and issues performance evaluations and approves those prepared by process leaders for the department.
- Practices proactive process improvement methods and techniques using SPC data and real time data. Is proactive in achieving results in efficiency and quality while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Supports Black Belt projects, problem solving teams and takes an active role on teams as needed.
- Monitors equipment and quality checks to assure quality and productivity standards are maintained.
- Promotes safe work habits through training, recognizing safety hazards, performing safety audits, and completing accident investigations.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, and budget, ensuring that necessary records to track, monitor and explain any variances from budgeted goals are established.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively and customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, food safety policies.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Team Members Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies. Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of warehousing operations, shipping and receiving management practices, and principles.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and coach employees and projects.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills, bi-lingual skills desired.
- Basic computer skills required (e-mail, SAP, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Conflict management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of cultural issues.
- Good math aptitude.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Completes Lockout/Tagout training and is aware of requirements for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
- Valid Pallet jack license or ability to obtain license within 30 days.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in wet, humid conditions, high precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and works with explosives. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently is exposed to vibration.