ASSISTANT PLANT ENGINEER
Greeley Beef Assistant Plant Engineer
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills. Extensive background in ammonia refrigeration, steam generation, air compressor technology, chain drives, all types of conveying systems, variable frequency motor controls, maintenance of sanitary conditions. Job responsibilities typically require extended hours. Supervisory Skills – Maintenance and Utilities Superintendents, Administrative Assistant and Planners. Previous mechanical and related experience required. Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards, methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades. and safety precautions. Work 50+ hours per week in all areas. Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English.
Ensure reliability of plant equipment and establish and meet downtime and operational goals per shift for the fabrication and slaughter areas as well as for outlying areas such as warehousing, waste water treatment, etc.
Manage training programs to maintain the skill level of the hourly and salaried workforce. Motivate interest in, and insure compliance with, stringent plant safety programs while maintaining high levels of labor efficiency and effectiveness in responding to breakdowns and plant interruptions. Maintain close communications with operations and other plant departments and develop an appreciation for overall plant performance issues in all employees within the department. Assist the Plant GM & AGM in assuring continuous plant improvement. Maintain close communications with operations and other plant departments and develop an appreciation for overall plant performance issues in all employees within the department.
· Basic computer skills and proficiency with basic office software (Word and Excel)
· Basic AutoCAD knowledge
· Basic PLC and Electrical knowledge
· Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Work 50+ hours per week in all areas.
· Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
· Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
· Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage
· Paid Time off: sick leave, vacation and 6 company observed holidays;
· 401(k): eligible after the 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
· Base salary range of $86,839 - $117,232
· This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work