At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage all production related processes, exercises supervision of shifts supervisory staff and provides guidance for both departmental and individual development. Research and lead process improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Maintenance Training Supervisor (MTS) will facilitate and supervise the IMPACT training Program. The program consists of training modules, hands-on lab, and field training.
- The Supervisor will support the progress of each team member and provide appropriate feedback to the respective shift maintenance/refrigeration leadership of these employees.
- The Supervisor, with the assistance of Plant Vendors, will conduct specific equipment training that is unique to the plant.
- The (MTS) will provide assistance and support of training program. This will include:
- Implementation through execution of selected training programs.
- Track and document team member progression through program steps.
- Supervison of training time that each team member receives, ensuring required time is being met in program.
- Provide feedback to Maintenance/Refrigeration leadership if team member is not meeting requirements.
- Provide timely assistance to team members on progression through training.
- Spend time in plant verifying team members’ hands-on training and comprehension.
- Develop and maintain lab equipment as well as classroom and testing operations.
- Continual development of training curriculum specific to plant needs.
- Other duties as required by management.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Degree from technical/trade school or University
- Experience working in a Multi-skilled maintenance environment preferred
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to support people toward achieving personal and plant results
- Experience with Microsoft Suite is preferred
- Strong writing and computer skills required
- Speak and write fluently in English is required
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.