QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR- 3rd Shift
Quality Assurance Supervisor
This position is responsible for supervision of Food Safety and Quality (FSQA) personnel, and quality programs, including the planning and implementation of the quality management program on the assigned shift. Supervises team in implementation and daily execution of product specification testing, food safety and quality procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of the Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) team for implementation of quality and food safety programs (HACCP and SSOP) and procedures.
- Monitor activities to ensure team member safety and accurately report any unsafe acts to prevent workplace safety incidents. Coordinate with site safety team for annual LOTO training for FSQA team.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and procedures to FSQA team other plant team members by performing in-class and hands-on training.
- Maintains good communication and working relationships with the FSQA team, site Operations team and USDA personnel, ensuring that all USDA regulations are being followed.
- Interfaces with facility team to assist in problem solving using root cause analyses when investigating daily personnel and processing incidents.
- Ensures PPC’s customer quality programs are executed and communicates issues to site management team to assure the plant is complying with customer specifications.
- Complete additional task as directed by QA Manager or QA Superintendent.
- Manage the team of hourly/SNE QA Technicians including managing Kronos Timekeeping System.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in poultry further processing or slaughter preferred
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Must have good technical reading and writing skills.
- Must have good math and analytical skills.
- Must become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must be dependable and prompt with strong integrity and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment; able to work well with others.
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Limited travel, with overnight stays of 1-4 days.
- Must be able to work varying days (including weekends) and shifts.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in manner so that their work is done efficiently and cooperatively with coworkers and leadership teams.
- Able to work independently and exhibit PPC’s values to uphold the Quality Pillar and FSQA Programs.
- Able to navigate processing areas and equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associates Degree preferred; or 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an office environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.