LIVE PORK FEED MILL MANAGER
(Order of Essential Functions does not indicate importance of Functions)
· Cost, Productivity, and Process Improvement: Manage the Feed Mill effectively in order to achieve Milling Cost goals while maintaining safety, quality, service, housekeeping, and property conservation.
· Maintenance and Property Conservation: Implement maintenance programs. Ensure reliability of facilities. Maintain physical condition and appearance which reflects the standards of quality and service of our business. Propose and execute Capital Projects specific to the location.
· Leadership and Development: Create and promote a positive and rewarding experience for all mill employees, focused on employee success, retention, and development. Develop and Monitor KPI’s for mill and team.
· Logistics: Ensure that inbound / outbound operations are executed in a safely, timely and efficient manner, providing the expected service and value to the business.
· Administration: Provide accurate and timely information to accounting team and make decisions based on reports generated.
· Product Quality: Manufacture products which conform to the product formula, regulatory including audits, employee training, and all other requirements of the product design, i.e., PDI, fines, size, appearance, density, etc.
· Safety: Prevent accidental injuries through employee learning, safe behavior, and the application of engineering principles to facilities, equipment, and process design.
· Housekeeping: Ensure all facilities are consistently representing our brand and meet all Company standards. Implement and monitor housekeeping programs and develop and maintain housekeeping protocols and records.
· Environmental: Ensure the location complies with local, state, and federal environmental regulations. Responsible for establishing good relations with neighbors and the local community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10 years of proven track record in equivalent role in feed milling or bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ year’s previous management experience in feed milling. 10+ years preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, climbing ladders, lifting up to 50 lb.
- Experience in industry related to regulatory process (i.e., FDA/EPA/DNR/OSHA).
- Project management skills and ability to execute large capital projects.
- Ability to understand and interpret monthly P&L statements.
- Maintenance experience as well as a strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of how equipment used in the feed manufacturing process work.
- Strong understanding of pelleting processes in regard to animal feed.
- Right to work in the U.S. not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third party employer
- Effective leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels.
- Organized and detail orientated, manage priorities and dynamic deadlines.
- Efficient time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity and knowledge related to 5S Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in feed mill batching software (e.g., WEM ®, Beta Raven ®, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Some work with computers in an office setting is required.
- Will be exposed to the elements depending on task at hand
- Will be required to climb ladders and work on elevated platforms.
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing work space.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
· Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
· Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
· 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
· Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work