Purpose and Scope/General Summary: We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our JBS Prepared Foods team at the Corporate office in Greeley, CO. In this role, you will participate in the handling of day-to-day accounting activities for the corporate office. You will be responsible for various areas of accounting including general ledger, reconciliation, reporting, and analysis.
- Month end close activities
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliation
- Collaborate with management to provide reporting and analytics around financial information
- Work with the team to minimize risks through audits and other processes
- Collaborate with plant controllers to improve financial based metrics
- General ledger reporting and research (relevant systems include SAP and BPC)
- Annual government reporting and quarterly audit requirements
- Result-driven analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years in an accounting role
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to details
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a member or a leader of a team
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and ask questions as needed
- Passion for the industry and accounting
- Experience with P&L Statements is beneficial
- Experience in SAP, Business Objects, and other systems is helpful
- Plant Operations and/or food production experience desired, willingness to learn required
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000-$85,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity