REGIONAL SAFETY MANAGER - BACON
Regional Safety Manager
Scope of Position:
Safety Manager is responsible for assurance of regulatory compliance to safety and environmental requirements to include permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, recordkeeping, and documentation control. In addition, the position has responsibility for the annual site safety plan and development of the plant safety culture.
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental regulatory requirements as they relate to Permitting, Program review, Training, Inspections, Incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, Recordkeeping, and Documentation control
- Act as the technical expert for safety, training, health, and ergonomics issues
- Perform plant safety audits and inspections of personnel to assure compliance with program requirements
- Handle all staff development as it relates to safety and environmental program requirements
- Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates
- Facilitate H&S drills including Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department drills
- Provide incident and near-miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking, and trending details for EH&S events
- Review all capital expenditure requests to assure safety and environmental concerns are addressed
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees
- Responsible for working with the utility group to ensure compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulation
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with Safety or Environmental agencies
- Conduct or participate in annual site compliance evaluation to include the development of an action plan to address gaps
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years’ safety experience, preferably within the food processing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- CPR/First Aid Training
- National Safety Council training
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA Training Courses
- The program, planning, and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills are essential.
- Outstanding communication skills to lead and engage employees.
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity