Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
At Pilgrim’s, we give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Pilgrim’s Family as a DRIVER! Pilgrim’s offers an excellent benefits and compensation package.
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and product delivery to various farm locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver loads with semi-tractor to and from farms.
- Conducts pre-trip inspections in accordance to divisional guidelines and DOT requirements.
- Load and unload truck in a manner that ensures the quality and integrity of the product.
- Communicates written and verbally with associates, maintenance (as growers as necessary) relevant information such as tank levels, conditions, etc.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner and keeps truck and work areas neat, clean, and orderly.
- Follows housekeeping schedule for the location being responsible for keeping assigned areas clean. Uses blow down techniques using required PPE.
- May be on Call for emergency deliveries to cover feed outages to growers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and the leadership team.
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
·Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
·Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
·Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
·Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
·Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
|·Ability to follow both written and verbal directions.|
·Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers
·Considerable ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
·Considerable ability to work under dusty and adverse weather conditions.
· 1-year verifiable tractor/trailer driving experience is preferred.
·Valid Class A Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operator’s license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/Tag out safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.