JBS Maintenance Technician | Great Pay! (see add)! | Full Benefits Including Retirement |
To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY |
| DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP
Starting Pay: $23.50 - $29.50 per hour based on experience.
Location: Centralia MO
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Purpose & Scope: The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the Feed Mill’s business goals and objectives. Including, installation, repairs, adjustments and maintenance of all equipment, machinery, and Feed Mill Facilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the feed mill’s facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Provide technical direction to mill personnel
- Troubleshooting assistance
- Project coordination with millwright & electrical contractors
- Equipment specification verification and quoting
- Parts ordering & logistics
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Feed Mill Manager or Supervisor.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Must be proficient in areas of:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Mechanical Repair
- Have the ability to obtain boiler certification within one year of being assigned to this function.
- Must know shop math, be able to interpret drawings and be able to use the tools required
- Ability to learn to operate the Feed Milling equipment.
- five (5) years of practical experience in each of the four (4) areas of specialization and experience in leadership role directing a program
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k):company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work