FAB QA TECHNICIAN I
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Plainwell facility began operations in 1918 under the Murray Packing company. In the 1960's, it was acquired by Murco and in 1998 by Packerland. In 2000, Packerland was acquired by Smithfield. In 2010, the facility joined the JBS USA family.
Plainwell is the only JBS plant with Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP), a packaging process that changes oxygen levels to extend shelf-life. The MAP process is a part of the Plainwell ground beef operation. Plainwell is also one of the few plants that produces ground beef patties. Over one million lbs (450,000 kg) of beef are produced each day. The Plainwell facility produces biogas in an anaerobic lagoon and uses it in place of natural gas to heat a portion of the water used in the plant. The facility was recognized by the American Meat Institute as a Tier 3 facility for its accomplishments with ISO 14001. Plainwell recently built a $31 million distribution center (85,000 ft²) with a 55,000 box capacity.
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future.
FABRICATION QA Tech I - 1st shift
- Monitor SOP's, SSOP's and GMP compliance of associates, perform HACCP procedures to comply with federal regulations
- Have contact with USDA and present records to them at the agency's request
- Review records to ensure accuracy and be held accountable to their accuracy
- Aid QA supervision and management in gathering data and investigating items outside of regular technician responsibilities
- Work closely with production associates in monitoring product for specifications, and correcting specifications deficiencies
- Be able to come up with solutions to problems and be able to work for periods without supervision
- Monitor the implementation of food safety and quality procedures on the floor, report deficiencies and correct them.
- Extended walking and standing in a cold/freezing environment
- Other duties assigned.
Usual shift: 5/ 10 hours a day. This is subject to change on a day by day basis, depending on the situation. Occasionally some Saturday.
- Physically capable of doing line work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- High School Diploma or GED require
- Good attendance record
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to follow instructions
- Capable of attending to several tasks simultaneously EOE/Vets/Disability