QA TECHNICIAN I
Position Title:QA Tech I
Location:Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Salary Class:Salary Non-Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
Our Company is in search of an experienced Quality Assurance tech who will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of food safety and quality procedures on the floor, report deficiencies and correct them. Other duties assigned.
- Monitor SOP's, SSOP's and GMP compliance of associates, perform HACCP procedures to comply with federal regulations
- Have contact with USDA and present records to them at the agency's request
- Review records to ensure accuracy and be held accountable to their accuracy
- Aid QA supervision and management in gathering data and investigating items outside of regular technician responsibilities
- Work closely with production associates in monitoring product for specifications, and correcting specifications deficiencies
- Be able to come up with solutions to problems and be able to work for periods without supervision.
- Extended walking and standing in a cold/freezing environment
- Ability to stand up for what is right
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Good attendance record
- Ability to follow instructions
- Capable of attending to several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required.
Experience: 2-3 years of experience in quality assurance preferred
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- 1sr shift, 8+ hours per day
- M-F and Saturday as needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $22.00-$26.00
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.