Key responsibilities are to help process, track, and research invoices in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. The AP specialist will have a daily, ongoing impact on financial transactions, keeping us on track, on time and on good terms with our valued partners while working closely with operations and accounting management, to assure the maintenance of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Processing and researching non-PO invoices.
2. Researching vendor accounts for activity, payments, deductions, credits, write-offs. This includes maintaining all proper documentation.
3. Communicating with vendors on payment status and invoicing issues.
4. Researching Goods Received issues and identifying unmatched invoices.
5. Set up new vendor accounts.
6. Ensure invoices are entered in correct accounting period, especially at end of month.
7. Backing up for other areas and departments as needed.
8. Other duties as required by management and supervision.
1. 1-5 years accounts payable experience preferred.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
3. Understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping.
4. Must be able to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
5. Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel, and Microsoft.
6. Superb time management skills and detail orientation
7. Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Associate degree preferred.