PLANT MANAGER IN TRAINING
PLANT MANAGER IN TRAINING
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We are looking for ambitious, driven leaders who are interested in learning more about the poultry industry, what it takes to effectively manage by the company’s vision, how to improve organizational effectiveness by showing exemplary leadership and maintaining the organization’s core values. Successful candidates make contributions to their career advancement, organizational goals and practices to build a strong workforce. Individuals holding this position are expected to develop strategies that will meet the organizational goals, help manage daily activities of team members for the growth of the organization, making necessary observations on the job and suggesting solutions to emerging problems. The Plant Manager in Training Program Leaders have a good understanding of the needs of each team they work with, and communicate these needs to ensure successful operations. Leaders in the program work in diverse environments and perform various duties in order to learn about the leadership positions within the organization.
- Learn to assess the company’s performance and production activities in order to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Facilitate interactions between the internal team and as needed, external teams for the overall success of the organization
- Learn to or help to create the procedures and the specifications to follow for the execution of projects in the organization, and specify product requirements for operational success.
- Assign tasks to team members in such a way that the higher priority tasks are completed first
- Mentor team members with knowledge of developing trends in order to build a highly skilled team
- Ensure that members of the operations team adhere to company rules and work ethics
- Coordinate transactional operations and monitor ongoing business processes in the organization.
- Learn all aspects of the business from live operations to plant processing
- Must demonstrate and have the understanding of the balance between people and production
- Upon graduation, the person/persons will be expected to take their qualified upper management position at a location based on needs of the business and skill set of the individuals.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operational management
- Adequate knowledge of budget development and oversight experience
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics, KPI’s
- Ability to engage in multiple assignments concurrently and complete them error free
- Experience leading teams to successfully accomplish objectives
- Strong commitment to maintaining a safe working environment and leading the safety as a condition culture
- Desire for career advancement and growth within the organization, while maintaining commitment the Vision and Values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years of operational management/leadership in a manufacturing environment/industry. MBA is a plus.
- High level of manufacturing experience and exposure
- Willingness to relocate if necessary
- Ability to work any hours as needed, flexible to shift