This position is responsible for industrial maintenance duties for an assigned area of the processing plant.
This position is for 2nd Shift, regular work hours Monday-Friday from1:30 pm-10pm and Saturday from 6am-10am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct, maintain and test mechanical equipment, machinery and components
- Identify parts or machines needing new or replacement parts
- Utilize shop mathematics to complete assignments
- Interpret drawings of equipment in order to properly adjust, maintain or repair machinery
- Respond to requests by production area when mechanical issues with equipment have been identified
- Communicate with production management and personnel to diagnose problems and to determine potential mechanical problems
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Complete assigned tasks with accuracy and efficiency, in regards to time as well as resources
- Maintains assigned equipment and follows preventive maintenance schedule assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Performs demand maintenance repairs and adjustments in assigned operations area
- Makes necessary adjustments, calibrations and/or decisions to ensure proper operation of equipment
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1-2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment
- General mathematic ability required to perform job
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Basic knowledge of standard and metric measures
- Must be able to work assigned days/shifts (including some weekends)