We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized Construction Manager to oversee all aspects of our building project, including meeting with project partner and managing the teams. The construction manager will be responsible for ensuring all objectives and standards are met, and for finding solutions to problems as they arise. You will ensure all equipment and materials are available on-site as needed.
To be successful in this role, you should ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skillful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing them— while staying on top of all other aspects of the project.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
- Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to Project Managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Attend client program meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Have a positive spirit and eagerness to take initiative and to take on responsibilities to optimize the team leader’s effectiveness
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Displays initiative and a strong sense of personal motivation.