JBS Farm Maintenance Technician | Houstonia - La Monte | Full Benefits Package & Retirement | Quarterly Bonus Potential
To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Houstonia/La Monte MO
Starting Pay: $24.75/hour plus depending on experience. Quarterly bonus potential.
Purpose & Scope: Perform tasks involved with constructing, maintaining, improving and all other work related to the structures and components involved with the Morrilton Live Pork Operation. Good attention to ensure accuracy and quality. Performs tasks associated with this department while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations.
Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, work around moving equipment, and work around live animals.
Principle Responsibilities: Functions may include but are not limited to
- Welding Activities
- Waste water treatment monitoring and repairs
- General Electrical repairs
- Operate general equipment – tractor, side-by-side, mowing equipment, etc.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing feed systems
- Installing troubleshooting, and repairing ventilation systems
- Installing and repairing water systems
- Installing and repairing building components
- Inspect facilities and grounds for needed repairs and complete needed repairs
- Perform routine inspections and service of company owned equipment as required
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by JBS
- Performs other duties assigned by Management as needed.
- Identify and order parts needed for their work
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a pickup and pull a trailer
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and transport various objects weighing up to 50lbs repeatedly throughout the shift at times product weight may reach 100lbs.
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work up to 59 hours a week if necessary
- Work alternating weekends
- Ability and willingness to work in a hog facility
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Basic understanding of electricity, electrical components, electrical metering
- Must be able to communicate with leads, farm employees, and supervisors
- Live animal interaction
- Social skills to communicate and interact with fellow co-workers, leads, and management to perform daily tasks
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
Travel: Periodic within a 30-mile radius