PRODUCTION OPERATOR, FEED & GRAIN (TEMP) - FEED MILL DAYS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Team as a Production Operator, Feed, & Grain! This position starts at $19.43/hour! Benefits include:
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position is responsible for housekeeping and manufacturing feed according to established procedures The temporary position will be open now through approximately May of 2024. Schedule will be: Monday – Friday 3:00 am to 12:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Performs housekeeping duties through the feed mill.
- Pellets all finished feed rotations for the Complex utilizing feed mill control systems both manually and by computer according to procedures to select which feed to pull mash feed from and which bin to place the finished feed into.
- Mixes all finished feed rations for the complex utilizing control system to auto batch and auto route individual runs of feed according to proper sequencing and/or flushing.
- Grinds all corn for the finished feed rations utilizing feed mill control system to auto grind and auto route the grinding system.
- Follows and assist with determine feed production schedule.
- Maintains automated short-mix machine and ingredients associated with it.
- Performs daily maintenance of Pellet Mills.
- Cleans Pellet Mill Particle Separators (Pollution Control Device) on a weekly basis.
- Maintain all records accurately and neatly in accordance to FDA and divisional guidelines.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner and keeps area and buildings neat, clean and orderly according to housekeeping schedule for the Feed Mill. Uses blow down techniques using required PPE. Assists in maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Dispatch and load feed delivery trucks. Fills in for dispatch operator loading trucks, answering phone calls from growers and performing other dispatch duties.
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Team Members Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES: High School Diploma or related experience and/or training preferred
- 1-3 years related experience preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to read and write effectively.
- Some skill in computers.
- Some mechanical ability.
- Ability to lift 80-pound bags.
- Working ability to dispatch loads.
- Working ability to effectively communicate with associates, vendors, drivers and growers.
- Working knowledge of inventory and record keeping.
- Working ability to climb high structures.
- Working knowledge of ingredient and feed quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in wet, humid conditions, high precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and works with explosives. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently is exposed to vibration.