Under the direction of Warehouse Supervision, oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies and inventory. Maintain receiving and inventory control records and prepare related reports; serve as a lead over one or more assigned warehouse function; train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff. Responsible for enforcing company work rules and policies including the effective recommendation of the discipline for employees under the leads direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Overseeing a team of employees, to achieve business results.
- Achieves warehouse targets in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinates warehouse activities with procurement, maintenance, warehouse, and quality departments to achieve and sustain results.
- Supports warehouse personnel by maintaining a visible presence on the warehouse floor.
- Maintains an engaged and team-oriented workforce.
- Ensuring plant Safety, GMP and SQF programs are followed.
2. Provides Support to Company Policies and Procedures
- Creates an environment that expresses concern and consistency toward all team members.
- Promotes cooperation and dedication to superior workmanship among all team members.
- Provides training for team members on company policies, rules, regulations and job specific duties and responsibilities.
- Monitors and enforces adherence to GMP’s and specifications. Maintains high levels of sanitation, housekeeping and product quality.
- Follow daily work schedule and reports variances.
- Encourages best use of energy and resources with minimal waste
3. Regularly reviews all company policies and standards to ensure company compliance.
- Ensure that the warehouse and all work areas are properly maintained for clean and safe working environment and all plant safety policies are followed.
- Ensure that any incidents or safety issues are reported immediately.
- Participates in the determining of the root causes of incidents.
- Keep up-to-date on all company safety policies, OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
- Notify maintenance of issues regarding equipment maintenance.
4. Serve as a lead over an assigned warehouse functions; train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned team members; prioritize work assignments.
- Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies, materials, and products.
- Oversee and participate in the receiving, unloading and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to purchase order specifications and packing slips; contact Supervisors regarding shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy and follow-up reports.
- Oversee and participate in the stocking of products; plan storage locations; determine proper location of supplies to allow for maximum space utilization.
- Deliver supplies and equipment as needed.
- Oversee and participate in annual physical inventories.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies. Operate a computer and assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition; Ensure areas are in compliance with applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory and warehousing procedures and improvements in warehouse efficiency.
5. Ensure all E21 procedures are being followed according to official standard operating procedures (SOPs) including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure the appropriate work order barcode has been scanned into the Bizerba for each line and work order.
- Creating and/or destroying license plates in stack-off.
- Moving product from stack-off to the appropriate storage racks.
- Picking license plates from the racks to the staging locations.
- Confirming license plates to trucks for shipment.
- Reconciling the staging locations daily before work orders are closed for undestroyed license plates or product not license plated and making the appropriate corrections.
6. Be the E21 liaison between the floor and IT Software Support.
- Report any procedure deviations to IT Software Support.
- Become the subject matter expert for all E21 procedures in your department.
- Troubleshoot issues on the floor before escalating to IT Software Support.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- SQF, GMP, and HACCP certification
- Ability to safely operate all warehouse equipment and perform all warehouse functions, i.e. unloading, putaway and loading of trucks
- One or more years supervisory experience in a plant setting
- Three or more years in warehouse process
- Understanding of inventory management functions
- WMS and/or Barcode Scanner experience
- Must be able to motivate a diverse workforce and lead by example. Must be able to coach, train, and take corrective action, including discipline, when appropriate.
- Display strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Adaptable and dependable with ability to follow direction and work cooperatively with others
- Must maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
- Knowledge of product protection requirements and packing procedures
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently.
Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers.
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products, or operate machinery.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds throughout the day.
Must be able to work for long hours in a food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold. Temperatures are frequently below freezing, and employees are expected to remain in these conditions for the majority of their work days.