CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: This position requires a motivated team player with experience in and passion for using communications tools to engage with a large, diverse workforce and external audiences. Responsible for supporting key stakeholders within the company and collaborating with many different teams. This person will develop and execute internal communications plans and campaigns, support media relations efforts, create materials and provide strategic digital/social media guidance.
- GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Support corporate communications efforts on behalf of JBS USA.
- Serve as a communications resource for internal and external clients.
- Identify opportunities for storytelling throughout the organization.
- Coordinate planning, measurement and analytics to ensure we are effectively connecting communications activities with business goals and objectives.
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Build and execute internal communications strategy.
- Manage the company’s internal strategy for disseminating information to the hourly workforce, including the communications app, ensuring timely, engaging content and information is available at all times.
- Develop and implement internal communications campaigns.
- Identify and create strategies to effectively communicate to a diverse hourly workforce, including innovative ways to overcome language and cultural barriers.
- Assist with crisis management for internal audiences.
- Collaborate with Human Resources staff to ensure communications and HR are working together effectively to meet internal corporate communications goals and HR business unit communications goals.
- EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Build media lists, develop coverage reports, pitch local media.
- Serve as a company spokesperson, with an emphasis in local markets.
- Create talking points and informational materials.
- CONTENT CURATION, MANAGEMENT & MAINTENANCE
- Plan, write and edit content (e.g. Connect app; Intranet; in-plant materials).
- Develop key messages and talking points for priority areas and topics within the organization.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Serve as back-up support for communications activities as it relates to social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, including posting content and responding to comments, questions, concerns, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Proven work experience in communications
- Highly capable project manager with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Good proofreading skills; attention to detail is a must
- Self-starter, flexible, results-driven, quick-learning personality that easily adapts to change
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on increasing responsibility
- Assertive and goal-oriented
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure with a wide array of personalities and management styles
- PR agency experience preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Appropriately screen and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Understands social/digital media and proficient in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $80,000 - $90,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity