SAFETY MANAGER $67k-$107K ( Annual Bonus)
Job Title: Safety Manager
Wage Range $67K-107K
Safety Manager is responsible for assurance of regulatory compliance to safety and environmental requirements to include: permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, recordkeeping, and documentation control. In addition, the position has responsibility for annual site safety plan and development of the plant safety culture.
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental regulatory requirements as they relate to: Permitting, Program review, Training, Inspections, Incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, Recordkeeping and Documentation control
- Act as the technical expert for safety, training, health and ergonomics issues
- Perform plant safety audits and inspections of personnel to assure compliance with program requirements
- Handle all staff development as it relates to safety and environmental program requirements
- Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates
- Facilitate H&S drills including: Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department drills
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking and trending details for EH&S events
- Review all capital expenditure requests to assure safety and environmental concerns are addressed
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees
- Responsible for working with utilities group to ensure compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulation
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with Safety or Environmental agencies
- Conduct or participate in annual site compliance evaluation to include development of an action plan to address gaps
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 4 years’ safety experience, preferably within food processing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- CPR/First Aid Training
- National Safety Council training
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA Training Courses
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills are essential
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead and engage employees
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at www.sunnyvalleysmokedmeats.com
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.