Position Title:Value Added Production Supervisor
Location:Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Purpose & Scope:
Our company is in search of a Valued Added Supervisor. This position requires the ability to lead the hourly team members to attain production and quality goals for customer specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results. Supervisors identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, yields, cost, and customer service.
- Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures
- Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency, motivation and productivity of production workers
- Regularly motivate and coach to develop employees in order to obtain results
- Trains and provides an environment for employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules
- Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealings with employees
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production
- Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields, pre-operational paperwork)
- Work closely with other production supervisors, management, Union, and USDA to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in plant facility
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called
- Ensure area is properly staffed/crewed to meet operational needs
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost and employee retention
- Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a group
- Manage individual employee objectives as well as team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
Experience: 1-2 years previous supervisor experience in a production environment; Previous experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Fast paced environment
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Schedule M-F and weekends when needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $58,000-$70,000 ; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.