Medical Scribe - Elwood (Extended Hours 8AM - 12AM)
Job Title: Medical Scribe
Pay: $18.50-$27.25 (Based on experience)
*This position is Full-time working (Two - 16 hour shifts, One 6 hour shift)*
FT (30+hours) Benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time off
- Paid Training
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered for this position at the time of this job ad and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or hourly rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, budgets, and internal equity)
HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
Bayshore, Bridgehampton, Commack, Elwood, Deer Park, East Northport, Hampton Bays, Huntington, Huntington Station, Lake Grove, Lindenhurst, Port Jefferson, Riverhead, Sayville, West Islip, and Yaphank.
**EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 5% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.**
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
Seeking motivated and friendly Medical Scribe in our rapidly growing centers in New York. Our employees are our front line; for patient care, beginning the moment a patient walks through our door. GoHealth Scribes will be working hand-in-hand with our MD, NP, and PA providers.
· Transcribe medical charting for Providers.
· Assist in fundamental clinical care including Point of Care (POC) testing, intake of vitals and other procedures.
· Assist in coordinating patient triage and overall workflow.
· Maintain medical records, lab results, imaging reports in accurate manner in EHR.
· Manage faxing and referral process.
Skills Required: Previous use of EMR, Medical Terminology, Type 60+ words per minute
EMT Or Med School Students Preferred But Not Required
· High School Diploma required
· Medical Scribe experience preferred
· Medical Assistant experience preferred
· Experience in an Urgent Care environment preferred
- Certification and/or licensure to meet Order Entry requirements through one (1) of the following:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA, CMA, NCMA or RMA.)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) Certification
- Healthcare Professional Licensure including but not limited to EMT, ARRT, RN, LPN, etc.
- Hire date of Oct. 1, 2023 or after must obtain BLS certification within 30 days of hire date.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Keyboard proficiency
· Experience using Electronic Health Records
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Social perceptiveness and service oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration:Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation:Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity:Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.