Associate Medical Director (MD/DO)
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we GO above and beyond for our patients, communities and team members to ensure effortless, personal and connected experiences. That's why we partner with the most innovative and integrated health systems and staff our centers with the most knowledgeable providers.
We’ve partnered with Novant Health, a four-state integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals, to create a large network of urgent care centers across North Carolina. The partnership provides patients with greater access to innovative urgent care through state-of-the-art technology and unique patient access tools, such as online registration and appointment scheduling
We are currently seeking an Associate Medical Director (MD/DO) to lead our network of centers in the Greater Winston-Salem, NC area.
The Associate Medical Director (AMD) assists in the managing and directing of all clinical services for the Winston-Salem area and is primarily responsible for the quality of care and all issues related to the clinical caregivers within the area. The AMD collaborates across and within regions to share resources, implement improvement initiatives, and optimize clinical, financial, operational and customer service performance.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and Novant Health-GoHealth leadership to address site-specific issues with both targeted and generalized measures to improve performance.
- Mentors new and existing employees in important aspects of care include EMR functionality, equipment use, clinical care and organizational imperatives.
- Provide direct patient care as a scheduled provider for the requisite number of hours per pay period as stipulated by leadership.
- Respond to volume surges and other unforeseen circumstances to preserve the patient experience and prevent patient reneging.
- Perform chart audits for clinical KPI monitoring at the center, organizational, and individual level as directed by the Medical Director
- Assists in recruitment, provider qualification and training, maintenance of competencies, proficiency testing, and regulatory compliance.
- Completes the regional staffing schedule using available automated tools, and dynamically works to keep staffing at correct levels.
- Analyzes needs for higher or lower staffing tied to volume targets, and monitors NPS scores and complaints to identify positive and negative trends needing intervention.
- M.D. Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine.
- Completion of Medical Residency with Board Certification or eligibility.
- Currently licensed as a physician in the State of North Carolina
- Administrative experience in emergency medicine, urgent care, or a related field, preferably in a major medical center or health system, strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and management skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with GoHealth staff, management, health system partners, required.
- Partnering with Novant Health allows us to reach beyond the episodic patient treatment of traditional urgent care.
- Our state-of-the-art centers are beautiful, patient-friendly and equipped with imaging, labs and an advanced EMR.
- Our patient satisfaction scores validate our focus on the quality of care.
The following is a list of our Novant Health-GoHealth Urgent Care centers in the Winston-Salem and surrounding areas: Clemmons, Hanes Square, Kernersville, Lexington, Silas Creek, Thomasville and West Highland.