Associate Medical Director (MD/DO)
GoHealth Urgent Care, one of the nation's fastest-growing urgent care networks in the nation, is seeking an Associate Medical Director (MD/DO) for our network of centers in the Greater Winston-Salem, NC area.
The Associate Medical Director assists in the managing and directing of all clinical services for their assigned urgent care centers and geographic region, is primarily responsible for the quality of care and all issues related to the clinical caregivers within their assigned geographic area. The AMD collaborates across and within regions to share resources, implement improvement initiatives, and optimize clinical, financial, operational and customer service performance.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and Novant Health-GoHealth leadership to address site-specific issues with both targeted and generalized measures to improve performance.
- Mentors new and existing employees in important aspects of care include EMR functionality, equipment use, clinical care and organizational imperatives.
- Provide direct patient care as a scheduled provider for the requisite number of hours per pay period as stipulated by leadership.
- Respond to volume surges and other unforeseen circumstances to preserve the patient experience and prevent patient reneging.
- Perform chart audits for clinical KPI monitoring at the center, organizational, and individual level as directed by the Medical Director
- Assists in recruitment, provider qualification and training, maintenance of competencies, proficiency testing, and regulatory compliance.
- Completes the regional staffing schedule using available automated tools, and dynamically works to keep staffing at correct levels.
- Analyzes needs for higher or lower staffing tied to volume targets, and monitors NPS scores and complaints to identify positive and negative trends needing intervention.
- M.D. Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine.
- Completion of Medical Residency with Board Certification or eligibility.
- Currently licensed as a physician in the State of North Carolina
- Administrative experience in emergency medicine, urgent care, or a related field, preferably in a major medical center or health system, strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and management skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with GoHealth staff, management, health system partners, required.