Direct Contract Revenue Cycle Specialist
GoHealth Urgent Care partners with Health Systems at the forefront of care and delivery innovation. Our network includes partnerships with seven major Health Systems across the country. GoHealth Urgent Care will continue to partner with market-leading health systems across the nation in additional metro markets into 2020 and beyond.
The Revenue Contract Specialist is responsible for scoping and providing EMR build requirements, QA monitoring, and reporting for direct contracts. This person will monitor quality of registration, processing, and tracking for contracts. Additionally, he or she will participate in resolving all invoicing problems for client accounts.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 2 years of related experience and/or training required
• Knowledge of AP systems and processes
• Understanding of general accounting
• Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
• Strong organizational skills
• Action-oriented and a sense of urgency
• Epic or eClinical Works
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Coordination / completion of Epic and eCW direct contracts build (guarantor and OccHealth build)
• Regular reporting and rev cycle process tracing to assure quality/adherence to back end processes.
• Maintain client’s aging at their current terms through pro-active collection activities.
• Custom billing, reporting, special handling, and packaging of all client invoicing needs
• Assist customers with invoice questions, special invoicing, reporting, corrections, and write offs as needed. If an action is required, backup should be compiled and graduated for review and processing.
• Work with the appropriate team members to resolve any customer service issues discovered during the invoicing and collection process. If an action is required, backup should be compiled and graduated for review and processing.
• Update customer maintenance with current client contact information for invoice remittance and follow-up.
• Maintain client billing cycles, to assure the timeliness of invoicing.
• Keep current the AR tracking database with relevant client information, collection, and billing processes.
• Perform additional duties and assignments as directed.
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
Customer service skills:
• Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests,
physicians and their staff
• Ability to handle service issues professionally
• Ability to follow through with customers
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
• Ability to type proficiently
• Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
• Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
• Maintain focus under pressure
• Share relevant information with other team members
Medical Terminology & Insurance
• Ability to understand basic medical terminology
• Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
• Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits