Urgent Care Technician (Paramedic)
In a collaborative manner, the Pediatric Care Specialist (Paramedic) provides support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication. Responsibilities include front desk registration, patient vital sign collection, social and medical history collection, point of care testing and provider assistance with in office procedures.
This role completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Courage and Integrity and Accountability.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree, preferred.
- Successfully completion of an approved New York State Paramedic course.
- 0-2+ years of Paramedic experience
- 3+ years of Paramedic experience preferred
- Pediatric care experience preferred
The following certifications are required, or must be obtained within 6 months of hire:
- Certification by the New York State Department of Health as Paramedic, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ACLS) required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Demonstrated competency in, at least, one of the following,
-Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing
-Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
-Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
-Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
-Social perceptiveness and service oriented
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Strong organizational and planning skills
-Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software