Chief Fabrication is seeking a 1st shift Leadperson to join the Chief team. This position will direct up to 15 employees on operation of CNC lasers, punches, saws and oversees material handling and automation resources of state-of-the-art-equipment.
- Monitors equipment & personnel in the area ensuring productivity throughout the shift.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Insures proper utilization of machine, tools and equipment; provides timely information to department supervisor regarding needed maintenance to production equipment ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Assists in training and direction of employees in the production area.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of laser or CNC punch operation and automation systems, manufacturing operations, and quality procedures generally gained in 3-5 years experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, ERP style software or similar data entry software, and general computer knowledge.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 3:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.