Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd Shift Shipping Assistant to join the Chief team. This position will assist in properly coordinating loads and labels for orders as well as documenting finished products and other materials requiring shipment
- Load flatbed trailers with finished product by placing, rearranging and using blocking to create a secure load to be safely transported to customer
- Work at heights up to 13 feet 6 inches with Fall Protection
- Use overhead crane, fork truck, crowbar, nail gun, radial arm saw, banding, tape measure, and other material handling equipment
- Cross check items being loaded are for the correct order
- Work with lead person/loader in improving current shipping methods and procedures in order to be more efficient and improve load times
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 1-3 years’ production experience preferred; willing to train the right candidate
- Requires operational knowledge of industrial shipping/receiving processes, and material handling equipment, including forklifts, and overhead cranes
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.