Chief Fabrication is seeking a Local Driver to join the Chief team. This position will drive a semi or truck with trailer to pick up and deliver parts between Chief and designated customer place of business. The Local Driver will also properly prepare labels, documents and load finished products and other materials requiring shipment.
- Ensures load is properly packaged and secured for road and weather conditions, including tie downs, and tarps where needed. May load truck and/or trailer with or without helpers using overhead crane, forklift, or manual material handling methods.
- Complete accurate packing lists, bills of lading, and other necessary shipping records and reports. Keeps track of time on daily time card.
- Picks up and delivers parts between customer locations and company facilities in a timely manner. Observes all traffic safety rules.
- Checks loads for proper weight and balance.
- Performs routine maintenance checks on truck fluid levels; inspects tires and operating conditions periodically for safe operation. Refers necessary repairs to maintenance department personnel.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and 6 months experience in loading and shipping procedures normally gained through experience.
- Requires operation knowledge of industrial shipping processes, and material handling equipment, including forklifts, and overhead cranes which is generally gained in 6-18 months experience.
- 1st Shift – 7:00am – 3:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.