Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Chief team. This position will work with corporate controller on bank reporting, financial consolidation, and monthly financial reporting. Backup various accounting duties related to cash functions and monthly close process. This position will spend significant time on special projects, financial analysis, and research. Will work independently and with teams, both accounting and operational.
- Prepare monthly Corporate general ledger reconciliation workpapers and year end audit workpapers.
- Responsible for all aspects of partnership entity accounting, including general ledger entries, bank reconciliations, audit workpapers, budgets, and providing support for tax reporting.
- Cross train as a backup for various duties, including daily cash monitoring, bank transaction initiating (wire and ACH scheduling), cash application, month end close and consolidation, and financial reporting. Perform these functions on a regular basis as workload and resources dictate.
- Work with Finance Business Analyst to develop as an ERP finance resource.
- Assist in external audit with workpaper preparation, Division workpaper review and consolidation, confirmations, PBC list items, answering auditor questions and gathering requested documentation.
- Prepare internal audit projects as requested.
- Create ad-hoc reports using ERP reporting tools to support management needs.
- Sanction compliance monitoring using external software.
- Special projects to include finance process improvement, research, analysis, and internal controls.
Must be able to work independently and maintain confidentiality
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum three years’ experience is required
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Chief Corporate office is dedicated to supporting our business units by offering human resource, accounting, technology and marketing services. The goal of the corporate office is to be an extension of the business units and offer them unparalleled personal attention to meeting their daily business objectives.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.