IT Intern: Disaster Recovery (Project)
Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking an IT Intern: Disaster Recovery (Project) to join the Chief team. This position is responsible for the evaluation of the security and integrity of data, data systems, and data networks across the entire organization. This includes designing and recommending disaster recovery process and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of a disruption, both minor and catastrophic. This person will develop a preliminary report with suggestions for improvement of Chief’s Disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
- Conduct risk assessments and business impact analyses to identify vulnerable areas within the company’s critical functions.
- Recommend disaster avoidance strategies and impact reduction strategies.
- Coordinate staff efforts to formulate department-specific disaster recovery plans.
- Research emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of contingency planning and development efforts.
- Recommend security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Develop disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, and human interference.
- Evaluate all aspects of actual recovery plan implementation and efforts, including initial emergency response, recovery procedures, and business resumption processes.
- Ensure that company equipment, systems, services, and facility are compliant with disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Assess the need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant).
- Where appropriate, recommend security patches, and any other measures required in the event of business disruption.
- Evaluate and recommend locations for off-site storage of data and backups.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must be currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of disaster recovery planning and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- In-depth knowledge of all types of disasters, natural or otherwise, and their effect on company technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, hardware, protocols, and standards related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Solid project management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with property and casualty insurance.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
- Knowledge of law enforcement practices and procedures, such as
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**