Chief Buildings is seeking a Shipping Assistant to join the Chief team. This position assists with loading flatbed trailers with finished product by placing, rearranging, and using blocking to create a secure load to be safely transported to customer. It requires work at heights up to 13 feet and 6 inches with fall protection.
- Use of overhead cranes, fork truck, crowbar, nail gun, chop saw, banding, and other material handling equipment
- Work with lead person/loader in improving shipping methods and procedures in order to be more efficient in loading
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner utilizing required safety equipment and following safety policies
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to learn to drive spotter truck, hook up to trailer, and back 53’ trailer into building
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Requires good communication skills with loader to ensure correct product is loaded onto trailer
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.