Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd shift Material Handler. This position will assist in maintaining production and distribution of product by staging material and parts to help with the completion of final product.
- Experience working in a manufacturing /warehouse setting.
- Ability to operate computers, forklift, and overhead cranes.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict time frames.
- Basic understanding of hand tools including tape measures, squares, and protractors.
- Ability to interpret fabrication drawings to help in calculating weights and lifting requirements.
- Basic math skills including decimals and fractions.
- Good communication skills.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Maximize quantity of assigned work completed.
- Fully knowledgeable of the capacities and proper operation of assigned equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance of assigned machines.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- Stage, load and unload material for punch, final cut, weld, paint, or other processes.
- Will operate one or more of the following: forklifts, overhead cranes.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.