Chief Ethanol Fuels is seeking a Process Engineer to join the Chief team. This position assists process engineering manager with process engineering projects and plant optimization.
- Train and become proficient with Production Operator and Supervisor duties and responsibilities.
- Develop and/or maintain mass and energy balances for ethanol plants.
- Participate in process optimization project design and execution including project scope definition and economic analysis.
- Participate in fermentation optimization and plant trials.
- Participate in process control design, programming and execution.
- Be proficient and utilize computer programs such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Pipeflow Flow Expert, Aspen Technology Aspen+, and SuperPro Designer.
- Participate in standard operating procedure (SOP) generation and updating.
- Create new or update existing process and plant documentation such as P&ID’s, PFD’s, equipment information, control narratives, etc.
- Actively participate in safety program including MOC, PSSR and PHA evaluations.
- Assist Production and Maintenance Managers as required.
- Work well with outside contractors and Chief personnel to safely and efficiently execute work tasks.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge of computer based process simulation programs is required
- A minimum of two years of engineering experience is strongly preferred
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Ethanol is committed to producing quality renewable fuel, and produces approximately 140 million gallons of ethanol annually. Chief Ethanol Fuels, Inc. was Nebraska’s first dry-mill ethanol plant and remains committed to producing renewable fuel and high quality feed today. The plant is a continuous flow Vogelbusch process.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.