Sr. Network / Systems Engineer
Title: Senior Network / Systems Engineer
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
About Century Communities: Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
The Senior Network / Systems Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the company’s enterprise infrastructure, including network, server environment, and critical applications. A successful candidate must be able to lead by example, work well in a team environment, and able to blur the lines between being a technical expert in classic systems administration duties and forward-thinking technologies. A willingness and openness to learn is a must in this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in architecting, building, and maintaining the company’s Windows server infrastructure in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Provide network design and support to include LAN, WAN, and VPN in largely a Cisco Meraki environment.
- Provide administration of the Citrix environment, including Citrix NetScalers, StoreFront servers, Delivery Controllers, and Provisioning servers.
- Support critical processes including backups, monitoring of servers and services, patching and key upgrades.
- Provide senior technical support and guidance to other IT analysts with Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365, Skype for Business, and other critical enterprise applications.
- Recognize repeated problems or trends and troubleshoot and solve for the root cause.
- Setup and configure new remote offices as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. (Employer will not sponsor visas.)
- 4+ years’ experience implementing and supporting Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 in virtualized VMware environments.
- 4+ years’ experience supporting and administering Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, and DHCP.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience building and supporting networks, preferably leveraging Cisco devices.
- Knowledge and experience in administering common server and network hardware, including iSCSI, SANs, NASs, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Experience administering and implementing Citrix environments, Office365, and backups.
- Ability to write and understand PowerShell scripts.
- Hands-on software installation, testing, and training experience.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment (500+ end users).
- Certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, and/or CompTIA.
- Homebuilder industry experience is a plus.
Century intends to offer the selected candidate within the range stated; final offer will be based on a variety of factors including experience. Base pay range of $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 plus an annual bonus.