Microsoft Systems Engineer
Title: Microsoft Systems Engineer
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
About Century Communities: As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Microsoft Systems Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the company’s enterprise infrastructure, including server environment and critical applications. A successful candidate must be able to lead by example, work well in a team environment, and be able to blur the lines between being a technical expert in classic systems administration and a forward-thinking innovator. A willingness and openness to learn is a must in this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in architecting, building, and maintaining the company’s Windows server infrastructure in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Provides administration of the Citrix environment, including Citrix NetScalers, StoreFront servers, Delivery Controllers, and Provisioning servers.
- Provides senior technical support and guidance to other IT analysts with Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365, Skype for Business, and other critical enterprise applications.
- Supports critical processes including backups, monitoring of servers and services, patching and key upgrades.
- Recognizes repeated problems or trends and troubleshoot and solve for the root cause.
- Sets up and configures new remote offices as needed.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation.
- Ability to provide network design and support to include LAN, WAN, and VPN in largely a Cisco Meraki environment is a plus.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. (Employer will not sponsor visas.)
- 4+ years’ experience implementing and supporting Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 in virtualized VMware environments.
- 4+ years’ experience supporting and administering Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience administering and implementing Citrix environments, Office365, and backups.
- Ability to write and understand PowerShell scripts.
- Hands-on software installation, testing, and training experience.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment (500+ end users).
- Certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, and/or CompTIA a plus.
- Experience building and supporting networks, preferably leveraging Cisco devices a plus.
- Knowledge and experience administering common server and network hardware, including iSCSI, SANs, NASs, firewalls, routers, and switches a plus.
- Homebuilder industry experience is a plus.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate a base salary within the range of $80,000 – $110,000 plus annual bonus. Offer will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience & education.